Running St Columba’s costs a lot of money!
- we have extensive premises
- we carry out many activities
- we pay salaries and expenses
- we contribute to the wider church
Most of our church’s money comes from giving and fundraising by our members, the remainder coming from donations, fundraising and legacies.
We also fundraise for others, such as:
- Nite Bite, a local charity supported by Churches Together in North Shields, providing food and support to homeless people
- Christian Aid, including the United Reformed Church’s Commitment for Life Programme
- Compassion UK, child sponsorship to help end world poverty
- Operation Christmas Child shoebox appeal