St Columba’s Church held a successful festival in celebration of the sixtieth anniversary of the Queen’s coronation.
The doors were open on Saturday 1 June, to serve coffee, light lunches and strawberry scones. There were also some stalls and a tombola.
The church and hall were decorated in red, white and blue for the occasion, and there was a small exhibition of coronation memorabilia. These included flags, bunting, pictures, a souvenir programme, newspaper cuttings from 1953, and souvenir mugs, tea set and table cloth. There were also hand-made decorations and floral displays.
The sermon on the Sunday morning picked up the theme with reflections on Queen Elizabeth’s faith and devotion to her duty, and also our own call to be servants of God.